Give worn out socks a new lease of life with this alternative Christmas wreath
Seasalt friend and master seamstress Kate from The Makery brings us some Christmas craft with this joyful decoration. It’s a perfect way to show off your Seasalt stripes and prints and saves the fabric from being thrown away. Perfect for odd socks!
Step by Step:
1. Cut the ankle band off a sock.
2. Cut the sock into rings roughly 2cm wide up to the heel. Cut the heel out then cut more rings to the toe.
3. Cut each of the rings on the crease and open them out to create strips of fabric.
4. Tie the strips around the hoop with a single knot. It doesn’t need to be too tight.
5. Continue to tie all the strips around the hoop until the entire hoop has been filled with sock strips.
6. Make the berries: take a heel piece and cut along the narrow crease. Roll up one of the ankle bands and pop it into the heel. Tie the ends together tightly to create a ball (berry). Tie this onto the hoop. Repeat several more times until you have your desired number of berries.
8. Cut a length of ribbon and tie it to the top of the hoop. Your wreath is ready to hang and display!
EARN YOUR STRIPES: WIN SOME SOCKS
*We will pick three winners to receive 12 pairs of Sailor Socks in their chosen size by Dec 20th, 2020. Terms and conditions apply.