We want to get our community quilting! Meet likeminded creators and learn a new skill at these special seasonal workshops.
Since Seasalt began, we’ve been celebrating creativity and craft. This season, inspired by our love of all things handmade, we are hosting a series of quilting workshops around the UK as part of our festive campaign; The Making of Christmas.
We want to share the joy of communal craft with our customers, offering the chance to meet like-minded creators and pick up quilting tips from our expert partners.
The workshops have been planned with the support of The Quilters’ Guild UK. Working with members of the guild, we have designed a collection of unique Seasalt patterns, taking remnants from some of our iconic fabrics and re-working them into one-of-a-kind patchwork creations.
In workshops around the UK, we will be creating 15 quilts that will be donated to St Petrocs, who are working to end homelessness in Cornwall. St Petrocs gives many people a place to call home in their time of need, and your creations will help bring colour and warmth to their accommodation.
Spaces are limited, so please register your interest on Eventbrite using the links below:
St Michael’s Mount, Marazion, 12th November 2019 – SOLD OUT
St Michael’s Mount, Marazion, 13th November 2019 – SOLD OUT
The Quilter’s Den, Warwick, 16th November 2019 – SOLD OUT
The Makery at The Drawing Rooms, Bath, 18th November 2019 – SOLD OUT
Cowslip Workshop, Launceston, 21st November 2019 – SOLD OUT
The Railway Land Wildlife Trust, Lewes, 24th November 2019 – SOLD OUT
If you can’t make one of our workshops, take a look at our festive Seasalt Stories for other ways to get creative this season.
Need to know:
- Tickets are £10 per person. Spaces are limited, so please only book one ticket per event.
- The workshops will last around 2.5 hours.
- We’ll be offering light refreshments and an exclusive Seasalt gift bag to take away.
- The workshops are fairly short, so we do ask that you are comfortable with the basics of using a sewing machine.
- As these events are all about community, you will not be able to take your creations home. The squares you make will be stitched into beautiful quilts, which we will donate to St Petrocs.