An easy guide to recreating our Christmas window decorations at home.
Simple and striking hanging decorations adorn our shop windows this winter, made by our talented team in their studio above the Falmouth shop.
Here’s an easy guide to creating your own version at home.
You will need…
- Card, in any colour you like
- Scalpel or craft knife
- Cutting board
- String or twine
Making your decorations, step by step
- Cut out your template shape from your card. We’ve used a triangle, 16cm tall and 14cm wide.
- Using your scalpel or craft knife, carefully score a line down the centre of the shape and fold neatly in half.
- Repeat this process eight times, so you end up with eight folded shapes.
- Line up two shapes so they are side to side, and neatly glue together.
- Repeat the process with all of your folded shapes, following round in the same direction until they all join up, and you have a 3D shape.
If you want to thread it on to string, don’t glue the last two sides together just yet, so you can pop it on and off the string along with extra shapes. Or you can attach a loop and hang individually on your tree.
Try making different sizes and shapes, or use a mixture of colours and textures to create your own unique versions. We’d love to see what you make, so be sure to share with #SeasaltArtsClub