Lots of us here at Seasalt HQ love a good hike across Dartmoor and after one of us spent some time up there last week we thought we’d share our top 5 favourite ‘after-hike’ pubs with you.
1) The Warren House Inn, right in the middle of the moor so you can’t beat it for location and dramatic views. The log fire here has been burning continuously since 1845!
2) The Castle Inn, Lydford – just off the moor but amazing pub right next to a castle as the name suggests and just up the road from the beautiful Lydford Gorge. Roaring fires, a ghost or two, good beer and award winning pie - what more do you need!
3) The Peter Tavy Inn, unsurprisingly in Peter Tavy! Hidden away down the wriggly lanes of Dartmoor is this lovely village pub with great food.
4) The Oxenham Arms, South Zeal. A wonderful 12th century coaching inn and one of the oldest inns in Devon. A good one to visit in August when the Dartmoor Folk Festival takes place in the village.
5) Bearslake Inn, Lake. A beautiful thatched Devon Longhouse on the Okehampton to Tavistock road.